Traveling with a toddler is an adventure in itself, but one you preferably don’t want to go on. Sure, you love your baby more than anything in the world. But even you as a parent can’t handle their boredom and resulting temper tantrums when you really want to concentrate on the road.
But not to fret! While it is challenging to travel with a toddler, it’s not impossible. Here’s what you need to make your trip comfortable and easy!
Road Trip Essentials for Your Child
Here’s a short checklist of all the items you’ll need:
- Diaper bag
- Diapers – Buy extra cloth diapers so you can wash them and use them without worrying about their disposal
- Reusable wipes or a washcloth and a bottle of warm water
- Plastic bags for shoes, worn clothes and soiled burp cloths
- Blanket – preferably Sherpa fleeceto keep your little one warm and comforted
- Toiletries such as children’s shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand wipes, tissues, disinfectant
- Books and toys – preferably ones that do not have parts that are easy to lose, or get swallowed
- Clothes and outerwear
- Washable bandana drool bibs – can be used while feeding, eating
- Children’s travel tray
- Lightweight feeding set
- First-aid kit
- Car seat
What to Know on Packing for the Trip
It’s much better if you start preparing for the trip at least a week in advance so you can buy the baby products you don’t have. Wash all clothes that are going to be used i.e. bibs; blankets etc and make sure that any products you use aren’t broken, leaking or cracked. You don’t want to run into a delay during the trip because the bottle leaked all over your toddler’s romper.
Also, bring extra cords and chargers for your phone and electronic tablets so they’re charged, in case of emergency.
Maintain Your Baby’s Essentials
It’s important to keep your baby’s essential list updated, especially if you’re planning to go on a trip. Buy kids products online from companies such as Genio Baby and make sure that you get the right size. When travelling, try your best to keep your little one entertained, and use quality baby products so there’s no worry about durability or use.
Following all these steps and the list provided will ensure a safe and tantrum-free trip, for you and your little one!